In the formative days of a company, every minute, dollar, and ounce of energy is precious, which is why you need a project management tool that is cost-efficient, intuitive, and scalable. With a crush of products in the project management market to choose from, it’s easy to spend more time researching solutions than it is actually using one.
We’ve compiled a list of flexible, intuitive, and affordable project management tools to help your startup get started on day one.
1. Nifty – One of the Best Project Management Tools for Startups
Nifty consolidates team communication, project discussions, tasks, milestones, docs, and files into one place with organizational overview across all projects and teammate workloads for the ultimate experience. Interactive and affordable, Nifty is a scalable platform that will grow with your company from startup to enterprise.
Startups on Nifty enjoy:
- One place to manage their projects, communications, and operations
- An automated, intuitive environment that facilitates organization
- A birds-eye overview of all your projects and teammate workloads
Price: Nifty starts with a Free tier that allows for unlimited users and two Active projects! The Starter tier begins at only $49/month for 40 projects and 100GB of storage, the Pro plans begin at $99/mo for unlimited projects, cross-project overviews, and 500 GB storage.
Get 50% Discount off any plan as a startup using code: STARTUPLOVE50
Teamwork is a powerful and easy to use project management platform, which allows you to manage multiple complex tasks and projects in one centralized location. It is flexible and affordable with many pricing plans available.
Teamwork users enjoy:
- A variety of different viewing options to manage ongoing projects at a panoramic level
- Time Tracking to effectively manage and track time spent on individual projects
- Workload tracking of teams and team members to ensure effective and efficient task management and distribution
Pricing: Teamwork offers a range of pricing options from free to various paid levels. Their cheapest premium option is $10 per user ($12.50 billed monthly).
3. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a beautifully simple, visual project management tool. It helps you plan projects, get tasks done, and manage your team’s workloads. It’s easy-to-use, drag-drop interface means your team can get started quickly as well as enjoy using it every day.
Toggl Plan users enjoy:
- Creating quick and easy project schedules using the Plan timeline.
- Moving tasks from to-do to done using the customizable, Kanban-style Boards.
- Visually managing resources and team workloads from the Team timeline.
Price: Toggl Plan’s free plan comes with unlimited projects for up to 5 users. Paid plans start at $9/user/mo.
ProofHub is an all-in-one project management and team collaboration software that is designed for teams of all sizes across various industries. By using a range of advanced features in a centralized location, project managers and team members can manage various stages of tasks and projects in a single location. Easy to understand and simple to use, ProofHub is an ideal choice if you want to use a single tool for efficient project management and team collaboration.
ProofHub users enjoy:
● Simple, fixed pricing plans
● A Bird’s eye view of tasks and projects
● Custom fields and Table View
● Group chat and Online discussion
Pricing: ProofHub offers two plans. The Essential plan is priced at $45/month/billed annually. The fully-loaded, Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89/month/billed annually.
5. ProProfs Project
ProProfs Project is an easy-to-use online project management tool, that allows you to plan work efficiently and deliver on time. From a centralized location, team members can easily collaborate and get work done delightfully. Visually interactive and affordable, it is the perfect tool for freelancers, small businesses, and big enterprises.
ProProfs Project users enjoy:
- Planning project tasks and subtasks using a shared calendar.
- Tracking project progress via an intuitive dashboard.
- Generating insightful reports with powerful analytics.
Pricing: ProProfs Project’s Essentials plan starts at $3/user/month and Premium plan at $6/user/month (billed monthly) with unlimited storage.
It is a good cloud-based collaboration platform to create, share and manage beautifully designed online business documents.
Xtensio users enjoy:
- Drag-and-drop features
- Customizable templates to stay on brand
- Quick sharing of documents as links
Pricing: Starts free for basic individual plan and scales in pricing based on plan usage and features.
Wrike is a robust and versatile project management tool that helps teams collaborate and communicate with transparency. Wrike would be best for a team of over 20 users.
Wrike users enjoy:
- Gantt Charts
- Custom Dashboards
- Resource Management
Price: At a price tag just shy of $10/user/mo, Wrike is an affordable solution for budding teams.
8. Trello –
Don’t overthink it! Trello’s Kanban boards are a lightweight way to manage tasks amongst a team if you don’t yet require all of the other nuts-and-bolts of project and team management.
Trello is considered one of the best project management tools because Tello users enjoy:
- A free platform
- Easy-to-use task boards with task customizability
- Quick onboarding allows you to jump right into action
Price: Free to start with a $9.99/mo/user Business plan and up to $20.83/mo/user Enterprise plan
There you have it. With the changing times, the needs of startups are changing as well. Spend a good amount of time to figure out if you need a project tracking tool, robust planning software, or a holistic view of projects and processes in one place. Know what your team needs.
We hope that the above list provides you a list of top project management tools to be used in 2020. If you think, we have missed a tool that has made a difference in your life, don’t forget to drop us a comment below.
Flexible, organized, and affordable, Airtable is a spread-sheet style project management system that provides a plethora of views.
Airtable users enjoy:
- Premade templates for quick onboarding
- Customizable views to cater to your workflow
- Widespread integrations with other tools
Price: Airtable is free to start and scales in pricing based on factors such as storage size and data history
Timely is an automated time-tracking tool that also lets you track projects, monitor budgets, and view team performance all in one software. With Timely, you can examine past costs, tasks and turnarounds to set competitive rates and improve future project profitability and efficiency. And with automatic time-tracking and timesheet drafts, your team can focus less on daily admin tasks — and more on the work itself.
Timely Users Enjoy:
- intuitive controls and privacy-first approach making it a tool that people actually want to use.
- world-class customer support only a chat message away
- real-time dashboards, live reports and powerful planning
Cost: Starter plan is $8 per user per month, scaling up to the unlimited plan at $20 per user per month.