In the formative days of a company, every minute, dollar, and ounce of energy is precious, which is why you need a project management tool for your startup that is cost-efficient, intuitive, and scalable.
With many products in the project management space, it’s easy to spend more time researching software than using one for your startup.
We’ve compiled a list of flexible, intuitive, and affordable startup project management tool for you to get started.
Nifty is an award winning project management tool for startups. It consolidates chat, tasks, roadmaps, docs, and files into one workspace. Nifty helps reduce sprint cycles and improves team productivity by combining all of the important features of project management into one software. The end result is milestone-driven progress automation that keeps everyone on your team aligned.
Here are some of the best features that make Nifty the ideal project management software for your startup:
- Nifty offers flexible task views
- Built-in workflow automations
- Enhanced filters for collaborative task management
- Automated progress reporting based on task completion
- Flexible public sharing feature to keep stakeholders informed
- Milestone dependencies to organize workflows
Docs & Wiki
- Create beautiful docs, wiki’s, and SOPs
- Native Google docs, sheets, and presentations
- Public sharing with customizable permissions
- Establish knowledge hub
- Convert discussions into tasks
- Share task IDs in chats to align everyone
- Cross-project overviews to track status
- Workloads to manage team resources
- Export data to CSV or PDF
- Nifty offers a generous free forever plan with unlimited users and tasks.
- The next tier is the Starter plan at $5/user/month with custom fields, guests, and time tracking.
- The Pro plan at $10/user/month includes everything in starter + automations & cross-project overviews.
- The Business plan is $16/user/month with custom roles + permissions, team workloads, and Microsoft SSO and more.
Compare all features and plans in detail here.
Ready to kickstart your startup project management?
Teamwork is a powerful and easy to use project management platform, which allows you to manage multiple complex tasks and projects in one centralized location. It is flexible and affordable with many pricing plans available.
Teamwork users enjoy:
- A variety of different viewing options to manage ongoing projects at a panoramic level
- Time Tracking to effectively manage and track time spent on individual projects
- Workload tracking of teams and team members to ensure effective and efficient task management and distribution
Pricing: Teamwork offers a range of pricing options from free to various paid levels. Their cheapest premium option is $10 per user ($12.50 billed monthly).
ClickUp is a powerful all-in-one work management solution that allows teams of any size to effectively manage tasks, bugs, releases, wikis, and more. Teams across industries use ClickUp because of its customization capabilities, advanced features, and affordable pricing plans—making it the only tool you’ll need to scale your
ClickUp users enjoy:
- Organize work into tasks and subtasks with ClickUp’s Hierarchy
- Choose from 15+ views including Board, Gantt, Box, and Mind Maps
- Add Watchers to tasks to get automatic task update notifications
- Communicate with your team using the in-app Chat view and have discussions within tasks with
threaded comments that you can edit and assign to team members
Pricing: Add unlimited members and tasks and get 100 MB of storage with the Free Forever Plan. Paid plans
start at $5/ user/ month; get unlimited storage and access to more advanced features.
ProofHub is an all-in-one project management and team collaboration software that is designed for teams of all sizes across various industries. By using a range of advanced features in a centralized location, project managers and team members can manage various stages of tasks and projects in a single location. Easy to understand and simple to use, ProofHub is an ideal choice if you want to use a single tool for efficient project management and team collaboration.
ProofHub users enjoy:
● Simple, fixed pricing plans
● A Bird’s eye view of tasks and projects
● Custom fields and Table View
● Group chat and Online discussion
Pricing: ProofHub offers two plans. The Essential plan is priced at $45/month/billed annually. The fully loaded, Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89/month/billed annually.
5. ProProfs Project
ProProfs Project is an easy-to-use online project management tool, that allows you to plan work efficiently and deliver on time. From a centralized location, team members can easily collaborate and get work done delightfully. Visually interactive and affordable, it is the perfect tool for freelancers, small businesses, and big enterprises.
ProProfs Project users enjoy:
- Planning project tasks and subtasks using a shared calendar.
- Tracking project progress via an intuitive dashboard.
- Generating insightful reports with powerful analytics.
Pricing: ProProfs Project’s Essentials plan starts at $3/user/month and Premium plan at $6/user/month (billed monthly) with unlimited storage.
It is a good cloud-based collaboration platform to create, share and manage beautifully designed online business documents.
Xtensio users enjoy:
- Drag-and-drop features
- Customizable templates to stay on brand
- Quick sharing of documents as links
Pricing: Starts free for basic individual plan and scales in pricing based on plan usage and features.
Wrike is a robust and versatile project management tool that helps teams collaborate and communicate with transparency. Wrike would be best for a team of over 20 users.
Wrike users enjoy:
- Gantt Charts
- Custom Dashboards
- Resource Management
Price: At a price tag just shy of $10/user/mo, Wrike is an affordable solution for budding teams.
Don’t overthink it! Trello’s Kanban boards are a lightweight way to manage tasks amongst a team if you don’t yet require all of the other nuts-and-bolts of project and team management.
Trello is considered one of the best project management tools because Tello users enjoy:
- A free platform
- Easy-to-use task boards with task customizability
- Quick onboarding allows you to jump right into action
Price: Free to start with a $9.99/mo/user Business plan and up to $20.83/mo/user Enterprise plan
There you have it. With the changing times, the needs of startups are changing as well. Spend a good amount of time to figure out if you need a project tracking tool, robust planning software, or a holistic view of projects and processes in one place. Know what your team needs.
We hope that the above list provides you a list of top project management tools to be used in 2020. If you think we have missed a tool that has made a difference in your life, don’t forget to drop us a comment below.
Flexible, organized, and affordable, Airtable is a spread-sheet style project management system that provides a plethora of views.
Airtable users enjoy:
- Premade templates for quick onboarding
- Customizable views to cater to your workflow
- Widespread integrations with other tools
Price: Airtable is free to start and scales in pricing based on factors such as storage size and data history
Timely is an automated time-tracking tool that also lets you track projects, monitor budgets, and view team performance all in one software. With Timely, you can examine past costs, tasks and turnarounds to set competitive rates and improve future project profitability and efficiency. And with automatic time-tracking and timesheet drafts, your team can focus less on daily admin tasks — and more on the work itself.
Timely Users Enjoy:
- intuitive controls and privacy-first approach making it a tool that people actually want to use.
- world-class customer support only a chat message away
- real-time dashboards, live reports and powerful planning
Cost: Starter plan is $8 per user per month, scaling up to the unlimited plan at $20 per user per month.
An expense management software like Fyle can help automate mundane, repetitive expense management tasks to boost both the finance team and employees’ productivity.
- The tool comes with a receipt scanning feature that employees can use to scan, capture, and extract information from paper and digital receipts.
- It automatically attaches crucial documents like the receipt and fills the digital expense report without any manual effort.
- Employees simply need to review and upload their expense reports, and approvers and finance teams can go ahead and verify the expenses and close the reimbursement cycle on time.
- Fyle’s robust policy check engine also auto-checks the expense reports for any errors or out-of-policy expenses in real-time.
- Finance teams can also take care of tedious, manual credit card reconciliation processes as the tool automatically reconciles credit card transactions, expenses, and receipts with just a click of a button.
- In addition, your finance team can easily integrate their existing accounting software with Fyle for data consistency.
Price: Their standard plan starts at $4.99 per month, Business at $8.99 per month, and custom pricing for Enterprise.