Looking for a cost-effective alternative to overcome ClickUp pricing? While ClickUp is a great all-in-one productivity platform, it falls short on speed, mobile app capabilities, and most importantly, it’s expensive!
In this in-depth guide, we will deep-dive into the ClickUp pricing plan and compare it with Nifty’s pricing model to help you make an informed decision. Let’s dive in!
Nifty Pricing vs ClickUp Pricing: Explained
First, you need to note that both ClickUp and Nifty offer 5 pricing tiers. The plan you go for will ultimately depend on your specific needs, budget, and team size.
Here’s a breakup of ClickUp’s pricing plans with respect to basic features and usage:
In contrast, here’s how Nifty compares with respect to the “Core” features:
In the following section, we will look at each plan in greater detail. Let’s jump right in:
In this section, we have compared the free plans of both the tools
1. ClickUp’s “Free Forever” Plan
The ClickUp Free Forever plan has a surprising number of features that make it ideal for freelancers and small-business owners, such as:
- Unlimited users and tasks
- List, Board, and Calendar views
- Custom statuses and super-rich editing
- In-app video recording
- 24×7 support
In the Free plan, you can:
- Access up to only five spaces to develop a project management flow in each space and share it with team members as a separate page. The limited space availability is a hiccup for larger enterprises
- Access only 100 custom field uses
- Use Gantt charts, Subtasks in Multiple Lists, and portfolios but with a free limit of 100 uses
Almost all project management systems offer fewer capabilities and provide restricted user access; giving ClickUp an upper hand.
2. Nifty’s “Free” Plan
Nifty’s Free plan’s key characteristics include:
- Free forever!
- 100 MB storage
- 2 active projects
Nifty’s Free plan offers a constellation of useful features, such as:
- Team Chat
- Recurring Tasks
- Task Dependencies
- Milestone Dependencies
For instance, Nifty’s Discussion feature enables real-time collaboration amongst project members to share ideas, collect feedback, and take meaningful decisions:
If you are just starting out and want basic features at your disposal, consider Nifty’s Free plan and get familiarized with the tool. The platform offers a 14-day free trial. If you get stuck, you can leverage Nifty’s self-serve help center.
In this segment, we have compared the lowest-paid plan offered by ClickUp and Nifty
1. ClickUp’s “Unlimited” Plan
You can share projects with people outside your organization using the guest access feature of the Unlimited plan. Additionally, there is an infinite read-only option that enables you, for instance, to share the project page with a freelancer or contractor.
The Unlimited plan might be appropriate for small business owners that want to upgrade from the Free plan to get the benefits of additional storage.
Migrate your data from ClickUp in under a minute.
Try for free
2. Nifty’s “Starter” Plan
Nifty’s Starter plan is scalable enough to help you get started:
- 100 GB storage space
- 40 active projects
- Unlimited guests and clients
- Time tracking & reporting
- Custom fields
- Custom guest visibility
This plan costs about $49/month plan for 10 users. This makes it cost a little less than $5 per member, whereas ClickUp’s Unlimited plan costs $5 per user per month, making Nifty a cheaper alternative.
In this category, we have compared the mid-range plans offered by both tools, ClickUp & Nifty:
1. ClickUp’s “Business” Plan
ClickUp’s Business plan offers more security features like:
- Two-factor authentication for the entire Workspace, including Google SSO (which is not available in the Unlimited plan)
- 10,000 automations + multiple actions and conditions
- Unlimited activity views (as opposed to the Unlimited plan’s seven-day limit)
- Unlimited uses of the timeline view and workload view (instead of the Unlimited plan’s 100 uses each)
2. Nifty’s “Pro” Plan
Nifty’s Pro plan is a simple yet powerful model offering:
- 250 GB space
- 100 projects
- Unlimited guests and clients
Everything in Starter, plus:
- Cross-Project Overviews
- Google SSO
- Priority Support
Nifty’s Pro plan is great for growing teams.
In this section, we have compared the highest plan (before enterprise) offered by both the tools:
1. ClickUp’s “Business Plus” Plan
Security and delegation are given top priority in the ClickUp Business Plus plan. This pricing plan includes time sheets and other team management tools, making it perfect for mid-sized enterprises with various office locations.
Other useful features of ClickUp’s Business Plus include:
- Up to 100,000 automation
- Access to timesheets
- Ability to build private dashboard views, define default views for members and secure the view from editing
- No restrictions on exports of a table view, list view, or form view
- Access to viewing history
Teams with a sophisticated IT department can make the best use of this plan. It is also an excellent choice for established start-ups and mid-sized organizations, as it starts at $19 per month per user.
2. Nifty’s “Business” Plan
Nifty’s Business plan offers one-click access to a host of powerful features such as:
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited projects
- Unlimited guests and clients
Everything in Pro, plus:
- Microsoft SSO and Open API
- Priority support
- Custom roles & permissions
What makes Nifty’s Business plan a standout model is that it empowers users with an infinite number of open projects, customers, and visitors. Additionally, you receive limitless storage. You can access more sophisticated Business plan features, such as personalized roles and permissions, Microsoft SSO, and an open application programming interface.
In this section, we have compared the enterprise plans offered by both tools:
1. ClickUp’s “Enterprise” Plan
Think of ClickUp’s Enterprise plan as everything unlimited. In addition, you get access to 250,000 automation/month and multiple actions
In this plan, the SSO is not just restricted to Google. Plus, for organizations that need HIPAA compliance for additional security, the Enterprise package includes this functionality.
2. Nifty’s “Unlimited” Plan
Nifty’s Enterprise solution is a fully featured solution, ideal for the most advanced teams. It offers unique features such as:
- Unlimited users, active projects, and guests
- Custom SAML
- Personalized onboarding & training
- Dedicated Success Manager
Nifty’s Pricing Plan vs. ClickUp Pricing Plan (Calculated Yearly)
Here, we have laid out both the platform’s pricing details along with the latest set of features they provide:
|Nifty Pricing Plans + Features||ClickUp Pricing Plans + Features|
|1. Free – $0|
Best to get you started
|1. Free Forever – $0 |
|2. Starter – $5/member/month||2. Unlimited – $5/member/month|
Features include everything in Free Forever and:
|3. Pro – $10/member/month||3. Business – $12/member/month|
Features include everything in Unlimited and:
|4. Business – $16/member/month||4. Business Plus – $19/member/month |
Features include everything in Business and:
|5. Unlimited – Contact the team for a fully-scaled solution||5. Enterprise – Contact sales agent |
Features include everything in Business Plus and:
|Nifty’s all plans have a free 14-day trial available|
No credit card is needed. No per-user fees
You can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at anytime
|Connect with the team to know more about trial plans|
- Nifty’s pricing plans are more affordable, and the feature set for each plan is more advanced as compared to ClickUp
- ClickUp does offer a free plan; however, you can only create up to five spaces
- Details about ClickUp’s trial period are not clearly mentioned on the site, whereas Nifty offers a 14-day trial plan for all pricing models
What’s the Verdict?
Both ClickUp and Nifty are popular options that offer comprehensive features and functionalities.
On the one hand, ClickUp is known for its robust project management capabilities, including task management, collaboration features, and integrations. The platform offers multiple pricing plans, including:
- A Free Forever plan
- An Unlimited plan at $5 per user per month
- The business plan at $12 per user per month
- Business Plus at $19 per user per month
- An Enterprise plan with custom pricing
The pricing is competitive in the market, considering the extensive features ClickUp provides.
On the other hand, Nifty stands out as a compelling alternative due to its relatively affordable pricing. For instance, the Pro and Business plans for Nifty are priced at $10 and $16 per member per month, whereas for ClickUp, the Business and Business Plus plans are priced at $12 and $19 per member per month.
Moreover, Nifty offers:
- Integrated tools, user-friendly interface, and advanced functionalities at a lower price
- A centralized workspace that combines project management, communication, and collaboration tools all in one place
- Features like task management, team chat, time tracking, document management, and more
- Robust integration, which can streamline workflows and enhance productivity by reducing the need for switching between multiple platforms
- A streamlined design and thoughtful organization of features lead to a seamless user experience and a reduced learning curve for new users
The verdict: Nifty offers better value for money than ClickUp. Its affordable pricing plans offer a more streamlined set of features for collaboration and project management, making it a more suitable option for you.
In the end, remember that when evaluating which project management tool to invest in, consider your individual team’s requirements and priorities. To know more about how Nifty stacks up as a project management tool, get in touch with a Nifty specialist.