AI tools are everywhere.
You’ve got at least one shining, popular tool for every use-case imaginable—whether it’s writing content, designing, creating videos, managing projects, and so on.
But with too many choices comes decision fatigue.
Let’s make things easier for you.
In this comprehensive guide to artificial intelligence tools, we’ve listed and compared the 18 best AI tools to help you make an informed decision and be productive—all without the headache of deciding which AI tool to use.
From AI productivity tools to AI writing tools, we have something for everyone. So, Let’s go!
What Are AI Tools?
AI tools are not your blanket solution to anything and everything.
AI tools don’t work like magic (though they often seem to).
Technically speaking, AI tools use machine learning technology to answer your questions and perform basic tasks—all based on unique criteria that you input.
With AI tools, you can write creative content in 2 minutes (or less), create never-seen-before graphics/videos, check lines of code, and so much more.
What Are the Main Benefits of Using AI Productivity Tools?
Most AI productivity tools don’t fall short of their tall promises.
There’s so much you can get done if you’re using the right AI tool and want to flex your productivity muscle. You can:
- Leverage automated workflows to get work done quickly and without errors
- Create creative content and rich media (the likes of videos, GIFs, prototypes, etc.) on the fly
- Use AI-generated content to spark your creativity and build on the content for faster turnaround times (minus any compromise in quality)
- Scan your audio/video/text files for errors or fraud, and save your business millions
- Analyze customer data in real-time and predict market trends as well as customer behavior patterns
- Streamline communication between teams and improve your daily workflow
Using AI is a hotly debated topic with polarizing opinions. But when it comes to AI, not everything is fluff. You’ll see.
18 Best AI Tools to Increase Productivity in 2024
To pick from a sea of AI tools, you need to weigh their features and limitations along with pricing—which is exactly what we’ll do in the upcoming section.
A. Top AI Tools for Project Management
AI tools are a Godsend for project management, and the following three AI tools will help you to understand why –
Wouldn’t it be great if you could get a bird’s eye view of who is working on what and instantly see the bandwidth/availability of your team members in real time?
This is what Nifty’s ‘smart’ (in every sense of the word) Milestones feature is all about.
The tool facilitates intelligent resource allocation. All you need to do is select who to assign the task to:
- Add descriptions to your projects along with start and end dates, dependency, duration, recurring information, and more:
- Automate status reporting and milestone progress in real-time based on how and when you complete your tasks (which can further be categorized with the statuses “in progress,” “completed,” and “overdue”):
- Pilot objectives by intersecting project milestones and tasks with the swimlane view:
- Set bulk task dependencies and block tasks in a milestone till the rest are complete
- Free forever plan: $0 (with unlimited users and tasks)
- Starter plan: Starts at $5/user
- Pro plan: Starts at $10/user
- Business plan: Starts at $16/user
Use Nifty’s AI capabilities to streamline your workflow.
Get Started Free
Using ClickUp AI is a great way to fast-track your projects. You can generate outlines, create documents, summarize meeting notes, and more.
- 10+ customizable views allow you to manage work on a List, Gantt, Board, etc.
- ClickUp Docs enables users to add comments to tasks, assign comments with action items, chat in real-time, share attachments, and get instant notifications. ClickUp Docs are also widely used for note taking.
- Visual widgets help bring team members, tasks, time tracking, sprints, statuses, docs, embeds, and more into a centralized place
- Mind Maps allows you to plan projects, ideas, and tasks in a visual outline
- Some users report that the app is prone to occasional glitches and slow response times, impacting the overall user experience
- Users also claim that the tool experiences multiple outages during work hours
- Free Forever: $0
- Unlimited: $7 per member per month, billed yearly
- Business: $12 per member per month, billed yearly
- Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Add to any paid plan for $5 per member per month
Monday has recently rolled out the Monday AI feature to automate key aspects of your workflow.
Powered by Azure OpenAI’s advanced models, Monday AI can help spark new ideas and supercharge your content.
- Creative content generation where the AI will convert ideas into usable text, from blog articles to ad copy
- The Text Editor can rephrase the content to suit your tone, voice, and ideas
- The Email Composer helps you to create emails using AI-smart template suggestions
- The Summarize feature enables focused summaries of lengthy topics
- The mobile design is finicky, according to some users
- The absence of integration with tracking couriers is a disadvantage for some users
Know why 36 teams migrated from Monday.com last week to Nifty.
- Free forever: $0
- Basic: $24 per seat per month, billed annually
- Standard: $30 per seat per month, billed annually
- Pro: $48 per seat per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact the sales team
B. Top AI Writing Tools for Content Creation
AI writing can seem dull, robotic, repetitive, or irrelevant—but only if you don’t have the right tools at your disposal. Here are three AI copywriting tools for creating quality content you may want to use:
ChatGPT empowers you to write content quickly. This AI-powered chatbot can write human-like responses, and pen essays, build full-fledged blogs/marketing ideas, and comes with natural language processing capabilities.
If you are struggling with writer’s block or have to churn out high volumes of content on a daily basis, ChatGPT might be the fix you need.
- Prompts allow you to kickstart your creative ideation and content-building process
- Multi-format file uploads, including PDFs and documents
- Integration of DALL·E 3 with ChatGPT to respond to the user’s requests with images
- New voice and image capabilities help users to have a voice conversation or literally show ChatGPT what they’re talking about
- ChatGPT,by its own admission, claims, “ChatGPT can make mistakes. Consider checking important information.” The data that the platform provides may be factually incorrect and dated at times
- Free forever: $0
- ChatGPT Plus: $20/month
Copy.ai brands itself as your ‘brainstorming buddy’—and we all know the place brainstorming holds in the creative process.
This AI writing tool is great for creating a large variety of content—from long-form articles and social media posts to product descriptions and ad copy.
- The brand voice feature ensures your content stays true to your brand’s voice and matches the brand’s style, tone, and voice
- 90+ copywriting templates to choose from, including blog posts, headlines, digital ad copy, and more
- Some users have complained about the customer service
- The content seems to lack the ‘human touch’ as well as nuanced creativity that a professional writer brings to the table, as per some users
- Free forever: $0
- Pro: $36/mo, billed annually
- Team: $186/mo, billed annually
- Growth: $1000/mo, billed annually
- Scale: $3000/mo, billed annually
- Custom Enterprise Plan: Connect with the sales team
Jasper, too, just like other AI software, allows users to ‘teach’ the tool about their company, its brand values, and more.
When using the tool, you can add context, description, tone of voice, company intelligence, and more to get exacting content that’s quality-driven.
- Jasper Brand Voice combines AI with your brand’s unique tone and style to create compelling content that reflects your brand’s personality
- Campaigns feature enables you to convert one content brief into a multichannel campaign—all within a few seconds!
- The art feature helps you to create imagery with a few lines of text
- Some users find the pricing of this AI software to be too steep, given the other alternatives available
- Others have reported that the platform’s unsubscription process is not user-friendly at all
- Creator: $39/mo, billed yearly
- Teams: $99/mo, billed yearly
- Business: Talk to the sales team
C. Top AI Tools for HR and Recruiting
HR and Recruiting can take a toll on your mental health—don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
From scanning hundreds of resumes to responding to prospective candidates on time, everything was due yesterday.
This is one area that can greatly benefit from using an AI-powered tool.
Here are three tools worth your time:
Attract is essentially an AI-powered talent search and engagement tool. It empowers HR teams to find, attract, retain, and manage high-quality talent with automated suggestions.
- AI Search Models provide candidate options from among 700 million data-rich profiles globally
- The Iterative Searches feature allows the tool to ‘self-learn’ each time you search for a candidate for a particular role
- DE&I and talent mapping information with Attract’s Insights to help you make informed decisions
- Plethora of AI tools to manage talent sourcing workflows
- More suited for larger enterprises than solopreneurs or smaller business entities
- Users report the tool’s UI to be difficult to navigate
Pricing: Connect with the sales team to know more.
Textio is an AI-driven recruitment tool that can assist you in optimizing job listings and all kinds of recruitment communication.
- Textio Lift provides bias-free and actionable performance feedback for employees
- Pipeline calculator calculates the impact of Textio on your pipeline diversity
- Textio Score can predict the level of diversity in your pipeline
- The tool can help you to ‘see’ how your job posts will appeal to different groups by highlighting gendered phrases, age bias, racism, corporate clichés, ableism, and much more
- As per some users, sometimes, it’s hard to delete things
- Other users want enhanced integrations
Pricing: Contact the sales team
Do you know, Nifty is also widely used by HR professionals? Know why.
HiredScore’s proprietary, bias-mitigating AI provides relevant scores to applicants depending on each requisition’s specifications.
- The Screening Augmentation feature identifies high-quality candidates without letting bias come in the way of competent hiring.
- Built-in data analysis capability allows you to analyze and pick the correct candidate from the pool of applicants.
- The Sourcing Automation feature helps determine relevant leads for different roles and cross-talent search (think: internal, external, permanent, and flexible); the AI qualifies candidates on minimum qualifications and provides candidate-interest-in-role predictions
- Users report that the app can be a bit slow, has minor bugs, and has slow-loading pages
- Plus, sometimes, users claim that the report the AI gives to candidates isn’t accurate
Pricing: Contact the sales team
D. Top AI Tools for Coding
Coding and AI go hand in hand. These ai powered tools can analyze the code, detect underlying issues, provide ‘intelligent’ code suggestions, and offer workable insights, elevating the code quality in the process.
BlackBox is an AI-powered coding assistant built to analyze your code and spot issues, improving its quality in the process. Its star feature is its ability to offer insights and intelligent suggestions that can be tailored to your coding needs in real-time.
- Advanced algorithms pinpoint underlying problems in your code, giving you a heads-up on what needs attention
- Code suggestions can be matched to your current context, making the coding process smoother and less error-prone
- Keeps an eye on your code in real-time
- Some users find the interface a bit intricate, so there might be a learning curve involved
- Free: $0
- Student: $0.99/week
- Pro: $1.99/week
- Teams: $2.49/week
Figstack brands itself as your ‘intelligent coding companion,’ and rightly so. The tool interprets the coding details for you so that you don’t have to read or write code across languages.
- The ‘Explain Code’ function helps you to understand the program and explains it to you in the natural language
- Docstring Writer empowers you to write documentation for your functions
- Some users claim that the platform’s repository of questions is not diverse enough
- The tool’s coding may be unreliable, particularly if the documentation is unclear or vague
- Data doesn’t get updated with real-time updates due to new changes/releases
- Free trial available
- Contact the sales team for assistance
12. GitHub Copilot
GitHub Copilot, powered by OpenAI Codex, is an AI tool that can transform how you code. You can also use the tool’s editor to convert natural speech into code in a variety of programming languages.
- AI pair programming creates relevant solutions, with machine learning as well as conversational prompts as the main drivers
- AI-based suggestions in real-time based on the project’s context and style conventions
- Seamless integrations with popular tools such as Visual Studio Code, Neovim, JetBrains IDEs, etc.
- Some users report that the tool can generate unwanted portions of code that need to be corrected by a human developer
- Sometimes, suggestions the platform provides may not always be correct or match what the developer intends to write
- Copilot Business: $19 per user/month
- Copilot Enterprise: $39 per user/month
- Copilot Individual: $10 per month
E. Top AI tools for Generating Videos
AI tools for video generation have picked up momentum, unlike any other business use case. Most interestingly, the end result of artificial intelligence is never-seen-before videos that are captivating and deliver a powerful story! Here are three of our top picks:
Runway is an applied AI research company that primarily caters to the art, entertainment, and creativity disciplines. You can create realistic and consistent videos with nothing but text!
Moreover, you can create videos using text, images, audio files or video clips.
- Apply real-time style transfer to videos, and transform the visual aesthetic of your content
- Can intelligently remove or replace objects within videos so that you can benefit from saved time and effort
- AI-based video editing can automate key processes such as scene segmentation and help organize as well as edit footage
- Generative capabilities for video synthesis so that you can create unique, AI-generated content
- Most users find the pricing to be too steep
- Basic: Free
- Standard: $12 per user per month, billed annually
- Pro: $28 per user per month, billed annually
- Unlimited: $76 per user per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing details, billed annually
Descript is another powerful AI video editing tool that allows you to edit your video scripts by scene and script. You can edit your recordings like a Word document (which is automatically transcribed by the tool). And then, you can arrange the visuals as you would on a slide.
- Studio Sound transforms low-quality recordings into studio-quality sound
- Filler Word Removal helps you to get rid of the awkward recordings of “um,” “uh,” “you know,” “like, etc., and any words that are unwanted and on repeat
- AI Voices helps you to create ultra-realistic clones of your voice and even record new words by typing them in
- Most advanced features that are useful are chargeable
- Getting a grip on features requires a little more learning time and effort, especially for a beginner
- While Descript works well on macOS, its support on Windows is comparatively filled with difficulties
- Free: $0 user/month
- Creator: $12 editor/month
- Pro: $24 editor/month
- Enterprise: Contact the sales team
Synthesia is an AI video generation platform that helps you to make your videos more engaging using 140+ AI Avatars. All you need to do is edit it as you would edit a slide deck—meaning you don’t need any experience whatsoever!
- Offers voiceovers and closed captions across more than 120+ languages
- Users can leverage text to transform scripts into excellent videos and add lifelike AI avatars to elevate the quality
- Robust screen recording functionality
- Ability to customize the video using brand logo, colors, font, etc.
- Even though Synthesia has a wide range of voices to use, few of them still sound very robotic, as per some users
- Users also report that voice-acting has improved significantly since last year but only for some voices more than others
- Starter: $22 per month
- Creator: $67 per month
- Enterprise: Contact the sales team
F. Top AI Tools for Designing and Artificial Intelligence Image Generation
Our last and final section covers AI tools for AI image generation and designing, another area that has taken the entertainment and marketing world by storm. Here are our three most useful AI-based designing tools you can try:
Looka is an AI-powered platform that helps you design a logo without much effort and launch your business like a pro!
You can customize the design of your brand’s business cards, email signatures, social profiles, and more with its easy-to-use editor.
- Powered by AI, you can create a logo that matches your vision with zero design skills
- Looka’s Brand Kit can leverage your logo, colors, fonts, etc., to instantly create various branded marketing materials in one go
- 300+ templates available to suit your brand identity and industry
- Most users are extremely unhappy about the brand’s customer support
- Others claim that the options for logo customizations are limited
Pricing: Contact the sales team
Beautiful AI is an AI-powered tool designed to make simple yet effective presentations. You can use smart templates and empower your team with a blueprint for making compelling presentations.
You can also leverage the platform’s presentation software to add content to your slides and let the tool adapt to the new changes just like magic! Say goodbye to resizing text and images at 3 am!
- The Team Plan feature enables users to build stunning team presentations anywhere and at any time—be it remotely or onsite
- DesignerBot can design slides for you, brainstorm ideas, and generate text and images in a snap; it can also add visual elements to your presentation, such as charts, images, and so on
- Smart Slide templates are ideal for making edits quickly and adding flow charts, infographics, XY plots, Venn diagrams, and more for highly responsive presentations
- As per some users, the AI bot can become confused, so you may have to continually repeat the instructions and wait for it to respond
- The tool is known to have a few bugs, and sometimes the layouts feel slightly limiting for select users
- Users also feel the lack of infographic-heavy slide templates
- The cost of the Team feature is steep for startups
- Pro: $12/mo (individuals)
- Team: $40/user/mo, billed annually (team collaboration)
- Enterprise: Contact the sales team
Uizard is an AI-driven tool for designing apps, websites, and UIs. You can use the tool’s intuitive Design Assistant to literally change the way you think of design.
Use this AI-powered ideation tool to create mockups from text prompts, drag and drop UI components to add life to your ideas, and scan screenshots of other apps/websites. The journey from an idea to a workable prototype has never been this easy!
- AI design allows you to upload screenshots and convert them into editable mockups within seconds
- Attention heatmaps can predict key areas of your UI design where users will supposedly focus their attention the most
- Scribble Scanner helps you to transform your idea into a UI prototype, whether your ideas are scribbled on a whiteboard, notebook, scrap of paper, and so on
- Some users report that the AI capabilities are hit-and-miss
- Others demand more templates
- The prototyping is also reportedly not 100% accurate all the time
- Free: $0/creator/month (For students and hobbyists)
- Pro: $12/creator/month (For startups and growing businesses)
- Business: $49/creator/month (For large businesses)
The Bottom Line
The fact is you may already have interacted with—and used—AI without even realizing it.
Such is the pervasiveness of AI tools today. From designing and coding to video generation and prototyping, AI finds applications for every role, industry, use case, and sector!
But a word of caution: AI productivity tools are not here to replace the human intellect; they are here to supplement it.
Try your hands at all or some of these AI tools outlined above and see what the fuss is all about firsthand.
Sign up for Nifty and take your productivity to the next level. 🚀
Which is the best AI tool?
There are many productive AI tools available today, depending on why and how you want to use them. Generally speaking, these AI tools can be categorized based on different use cases such as project management (with tools like Nifty, ClickUp, etc.), video creation (Descript, Runway, etc.), grammar checks (Wordtune, Grammarly, etc.), and so on.
What are the best free AI tools for text creation?
Apart from the usual suspects (ChatGPT and Bard), you have plenty of other free AI tools for creating text, such as Copy.ai, Wordtune, Jasper AI, Copysmith, and more.
What is the new AI everyone is using?
There’s no standard answer for the best new AI tool everyone is using. Yes, ChatGPT passed 100+ million users in less than a week, and since then, the whole AI world has exploded. There’s a new tool on the horizon every day—so the new, trending AI tool to use will depend on why you wish to use it in the first place.