So, how do you say welcome to the team to a new member of your company? You have on-boarded them to your team and want to welcome them but don’t know the best way to do it? When a new employee joins your company, it’s critical to say welcome to the team by drafting a message that immediately makes them feel like a part of the team. A welcome message might be short and friendly, or it can be lengthier and contain crucial information. You want your new employee to have a positive first impression of their new job and that’s why you should send them a welcome message.
Saying welcome to the team is one of the effective communication strategies to connect better with your team. Here in this post, we’ll show you how to compose a pleasant welcome message for a new employee.
Why is it Important to Say Welcome to the Team?
Saying a warm welcome to the team is both a lovely gesture and a wise strategy for the success of your business. A new study reveals that onboarding is the most crucial stage of an employee’s career at a company, with long-term implications for engagement, performance, and retention. Everyone has felt the tension of starting a new job during the first day or week. By integrating welcoming activities in your onboarding program, you can assist new hires to feel welcomed and valued. Saying welcome to the team can give them the assurance that you care about them. Accordingly, they feel more devoted to the company and responsible for their daily tasks.
Employing new members to your team is indeed costly. According to Glassdoor, the average cost of a non-executive-level new hire is $4000. Therefore, it is quite important that you try to keep your employees by showing them that you care about them. Saying welcome to the team at the beginning of their career can make them more willing to stay with you for a longer period of time.
How to Send a Welcome Message to the Team?
No matter if your business is on-site, remote, or hybrid, you should make sure that you are running an agile work environment and you should show it to your new team members. One way to do this is to send a welcome message to the team via agile project management tools such as Nifty.
Since it provides common and private spaces where you can communicate with your team members, you can welcome them on the platform. This would be more interesting for the new team members than receiving an email from your company. You can also send a personalized paper letter to say welcome to the team which would be just as exciting.
Here are the plans you can choose on Nifty:
How to Say Welcome to the Team?
Here are some tips to keep in mind when you want to say welcome to the team that you have just hired:
1. Write a Purposefully and Clearly Welcome to the Team Message
Start your welcome message with a clear opening line so that every new member would know what it is about. For instance, start with “Welcome Aboard!” or any similar sentences that are clear enough for your team members to get the purpose of your message. Doing this helps the new employees in distinguishing your message from many other action items that they must deal with.
2. Use a Positive and Friendly Tone
Just as the opening line is important to your message when you are saying welcome to the team, the tone of the message is also important. Keeping the tone positive and friendly would give your new members the feeling that they can integrate into your company easily and quickly. So, it gives them the confidence which can lead them to have a better performance. As a manager, you definitely know that the better the performance of your team, the more successful your company will be.
Make your message interesting and, where possible, personalize it. Personalizing your welcome message can improve the feeling of self-importance of your new team members. Restate the personal and professional traits that make the new hire a good fit for the job, or explain how their abilities and talents can help you with ongoing tasks. Demonstrate that you’re happy to have them on board and that you’re confident about them accomplishing a good job. If you’re sending a message to say welcome to the team, convey your delight at having them join the company.
3. Give Information
The next tip to keep in mind when you want to send a message to say welcome to the team is to give them the necessary information they should know about your company or other team members. In addition, help the new team members with any inquiries they may have about the organization or their role.
Everyone feels overwhelmed when starting a new job and having someone show them around the finest lunch spots or answer questions about the weekly meeting routine might help them significantly. Doing so demonstrates to the new team members that you value a positive working relationship and that the office has effective communication channels.
Depending on how large your company is or how complicated your niche is, you can also create a handbook or brochure that gives information about the company policies, work schedules, planned projects, etc. You can also make them familiar with the scrum board of the company if there is any. Do not also forget to mention the performance analysis in the most pleasant way possible to make it clear that your company is result-oriented.
4. Give First-Day Instructions
In addition to including the general information about your company, you should also provide information specifically for the first day of the job. If you’re sending the welcome message before the new employee starts, confirm the job start date and arrival time, parking directions, and the name of the person they should check in with first.
Moreover, mention any formal orientation processes with the HR as well as any documentation the employee should bring, such as forms of ID for direct deposit paychecks, or any other things you may need. If your company has a dress code, make sure to mention that too. Doing so helps the new members to feel less anxious about starting the work on the first day.
5. Deliver the Culture Talk
A culture talk is when a senior leader or manager explains the corporate culture and key beliefs, as well as how they relate to the employee’s work. You can also discuss what the company mission means to them personally and why it motivates them to work every day. This form of introduction to company values necessitates dedication, yet it often lasts for years.
A culture talk is a great time to inform your new team members about the office timing of your company. By office timing, we mean the times that you, as a manager, would like to devote to your employees to hear their concerns, worries, and needs. So, at the end of the day, everyone would speak their minds in the company which shows that you are caring towards your team members.
6. Organize a Meal to Welcome the Team
If it is feasible for your company, you can also organize a welcome meal for the new members of your company. You can take your new employee out to lunch with someone from your management team or organize a welcome lunch in the company. Complimentary lunch is not only pleasant for anyone but also is a great opportunity for them to make unforgettable memories.
This way, they would always remember the day. The key thing to keep in mind is that you should grab the opportunity to show the fun part of you so that they can bond with you immediately. This opportunity is an excellent time to converse casually with the employee and learn about their family, hobbies, and other interests.
7. Introduce Colleagues
Introducing other colleagues to the new members of your company is indeed crucial. As team members have to communicate, collaborate, and work together, you are responsible to introduce them to each other. You should give a tour of the office and other relevant locations to your new team members to give them a better understanding of the company’s operations.
Giving a tour that introduces your new team members to people at various levels of the organization is generally beneficial. From the start, the new team members will be able to see how their role fits into the bigger picture.
8. Prioritize Mentorship
Mentors may not always be available or maybe too busy to provide regular coaching at many small businesses. Mentorship, on the other hand, should be prioritized because of its importance. You should prioritize mentorship in your company for the new members that you employ.
A mentor should not be the employee’s direct supervisor, but rather a senior leader or an experienced colleague who can provide not only training ideas but also a voice of calm and comfort while your new team member adjusts to your company.
Best Examples of Welcome Messages When Saying Welcome to the Team
If you want to send a welcome message to say welcome to a new team member, there are a few distinct types of welcome messages. You have the option of using a professional or informal tone. But as we mentioned earlier, it is smart to use a friendly tone because the new team members would feel more comfortable. In addition, they would think it is easy to integrate into your company. However, it all depends on how serious the niche of your business is.
When writing your welcome message, keep the following examples in mind.
- We’re ecstatic to have you join our team! With your background, you’ll be a valuable asset. Welcome to the team!
- Your skills and abilities will be a valuable asset to our project. We’re excited to have you onboard, and we’re looking forward to working with you!
- Welcome aboard on behalf of the entire department! We think you’ll be a great addition to our team, and we’re excited to hear what you may want to say!
- Way to go on joining our team! We’re looking forward to celebrating a lot of victories!
- On behalf of management, I greet you and hope you enjoy working with us!
- Hey, it’s fantastic to have you here! We’re excited to collaborate with you!
- It’s great to meet you! This is a fantastic place to work, as you will soon discover. Please let us know if you want any assistance.
- You’re about to join the best squad on the planet! We’re all excited to collaborate with you!
- We are ecstatic that you have chosen to join our company as a new marketing executive! On your first day, you will meet with our marketing director and CEO, as we discussed previously. Later that day, you’ll meet with the rest of the team and gain an overview of our everyday operations. We’ll provide you updates on certain projects that we’re working on. We are convinced that you will be a good fit for this role, and we eagerly await the opportunity to work with you.
- Congratulations on your new position and welcome to the team. Your abilities and experience will be invaluable to us, and we look forward to working together to achieve great things. Our CEO will contact you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact or email if you have any questions or concerns.
- We are more than happy to have you among us. We would like to send our warmest welcome and best wishes on behalf of all members and management!
- Thank you for joining the team! We are delighted to welcome you to our office. We know you’ll be a great asset to our organization, and we can’t wait to see what you can do.
- The entire team is excited to have you on board. We’re hoping you’ll produce some fantastic stuff while you’re here!
- Warm greetings and best wishes for your new role as part of our expanding team. On behalf of all the members, we are delighted to congratulate you on joining our team. We are all ecstatic and grateful for your contributions to our organization.
- We recently found out that our company has hired a fantastic new employee, and guess what? You’re the one. Thank you for joining us!
- Congratulations on being a member of the group! The entire firm extends its warmest greetings to you, and we wish you the best of luck on your trip! Thank you for joining us!
- Congratulations on being a member of the group! The entire company extends its warmest greetings to you, and we wish you the best of luck on your trip! Thank you for joining us!
- Congratulations on your new position! We’d like to welcome you to the team on behalf of the members and supervisors. We are delighted to begin working together as a team as soon as today.
- Warm greetings from the office! Your exceptional abilities will be a valuable asset to both our team and the organization. We look forward to working with you on a mutually beneficial basis!
- Congratulations on joining our energizing team! The entire office extends its warmest greetings, and we look forward to a long and fruitful partnership.
- We enjoy working as part of a team, with people who are motivated and creative, and who have a positive learning attitude. And I’ve heard you’re a fantastic match. It’s wonderful to have you here with us. Warmest greetings!
- It is a huge honor to have you as part of our team! Indeed, we are all really thrilled to collaborate with you. Thank you for joining us!
- Thank you for joining us, you’re one of the most knowledgeable and resourceful applicants we’ve ever hired. We hope you like the facilities here and that your skills are put to good use!
- Thank you for joining us! Our staff is delighted to have you on board. Your knowledge and experience would be extremely beneficial to the company’s success.
- Any organization benefits from having employees like you, who are clever, skilled, and full of energy. We’re excited to get started working with you! Welcome to our company!
- Thank you for joining us, new pal! We are sure that you will be an excellent addition to our team and office!
- It’s fantastic to have a new member of our team who is so youthful, energetic, and bright. I’m hoping that we can take the company to new heights together. A warm welcome awaits you!
- Today, the office welcomes you to join our powerful team with open arms! We think that by working together, we can help the company grow larger and more diverse.
- Warm greetings and congratulations on your new job! You are a valuable asset to the firm, and we wish you a wonderful time working with us!
- You have our warmest greetings. Congratulations on joining our ever-expanding and vibrant team! We’re ecstatic to have you here!
- Thank you for taking up the employment offer. Your abilities will be extremely beneficial to the team and the firm. Welcome to the company!
- We are delighted to welcome you to our team. We’re working on some fascinating projects here, and we’re hoping that your talent, enthusiasm, and new ideas will be extremely beneficial to us!
- Congratulations on joining the team as the newest member! We hope you enjoy and are challenged by your new role. A warm welcome awaits you!
- Thank you for joining us! We are honored to have you as a part of our team. We’re all confident in your ability to achieve better results and make us all proud.
- Thank you for deciding to join our team! We’re all working toward the same objective, and your input is crucial. Congratulations and thank you for joining us!
- Congratulations on joining the team, and welcome! We believe that what a powerful group of individuals can achieve together is considerably larger, far greater, and far greater than what an individual can achieve alone.
Final Thoughts on Welcome to the Team
It is quite important for the new members and you as the manager to help integrate your new employees into your company. Regarding the mental pressures that each and every person may feel on the first day of work, they need the burden to be lightened. One way you can do this for them is by sending a message to say welcome to the team. This would mean a lot to them and the memory of what you do for them during the first day of work would linger on in their minds forever.
In this article, we tried to help you on your way to saying welcome to the team. We talked about the importance of a welcome message, the ways you can say welcome to the team, and the best examples of saying welcome to the team. Wish you the best of luck!