Workload Management Tools are software that helps you plan, monitor, and optimize your work processes. They can be used to increase efficiency and productivity in any organization.
There are various workload management tools available on the market, each with its unique features and benefits. Knowing which tool is right for your organization can be a challenge.
To help you make the best decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 workload management tools we believe are currently the best on the market.
Keep reading to learn more.
The Top 11 Workload Management Tools
The following are the top workload management tools to consider.
Best Overall Work Management Tool.
Nifty helps you stop switching between roadmaps, tasks, and chat apps. It consolidates everything you need into one tool and keeps your team aligned on what’s important.
If you want to be able to use visual timelines to look at the big picture, Nifty is the tool for you.
You can also automate progress that happens when specific tasks are completed so you’re always up-to-date.
Fostering a work environment where members share their progress and ideas with each other is key to success – Nifty makes this easy to do while ensuring workload management is more efficient.
- Discussions help ensure all team members are on the same page and make decisions faster.
- Milestones give you a high-level overview of progress and help you track dependencies.
- Tasks let you break down work into smaller pieces and assign it to specific team members.
- Docs & Files allow you to share important documents and files with the team.
- Time Tracking helps you see how much time is being spent on each task.
- Reporting gives you real-time insights into progress and performance.
These are the plans on offer:
- Free: $0
- Starter: $5
- Pro: $10
- Business: $16
All of these are per month, billed annually
There is also an unlimited plan, which comes in at $399 per member, per month.
Best All-In-One Workload Management Tool.
ClickUp is one of the best options for those needing an effective tool to manage small and complex projects. Working more competently as a team is achievable with this tool as it enhances collaboration and optimizes workflows.
ClickUp can not only replace the tools you already use but can also integrate with them to create a seamless experience. Whether you use messaging apps, calendars, or to-do lists, you can connect them to ClickUp for a streamlined experience.
You can also ensure that your budgets are managed efficiently and effectively, as this tool offers various budgeting features, such as task dependencies and cost tracking.
- Tackle work from any angle with a variety of features and tools
- Customize ClickUp for any workflow with an easy-to-use interface
- Automations to optimize efficiency helps to manage even the most complex projects
- Templates offer a great starting point for managing similar projects
- Integrations with popular productivity tools to create a seamless workflow
- Free: $0
- Unlimited: $5
- Business: $12
- Business Plus: $19
- Enterprise: Contact Sales for a custom quote
Best For Collaboration.
Bitrix24 can become your ultimate workspace for managing projects and tasks, as it offers an impressive variety of features and tools.
This tool is perfect for those who need to manage complex projects as it offers all the right tools to stay on top of every aspect of your work. With a self-hosted version that runs on your server and a cloud-based option, you can choose the option that best suits your needs.
You can also opt for additional features that include e-learning modules and a help desk that turns your workspace into a robust CRM system. If you want an environment where your team can collaborate on projects, then Bitrix24 is the tool for you.
- Chats & video calls ensure that everyone on the team is on the same page
- Online documents allow for easy collaboration on projects
- Rules and triggers help to automate tasks and processes
- Task and project templates offer a great starting point for similar projects
- Task automation helps to optimize efficiency and productivity
- Free: Unlimited users
- Basic: 5 users at $39/mo
Best For Assigning Tasks.
Whether you are dealing with a small project or a large-scale enterprise, Asana can help you get the job done.
With its streamlined interface, you can easily create and manage tasks and set up subtasks, due dates, and dependencies.
Asana also allows you to use shared space to communicate with your team members and attach files and comments to tasks. You can also set the view that works best for you, whether it’s a list, board, or calendar.
- Remove bottlenecks that can cause delays in your project with Asana.
- Choose from 50+ project templates to get a head start on similar projects.
- Set up forms that make it easy for your team to submit data and track progress.
- Create custom rules in seconds to automate tasks and processes.
- Make sure your team has clarity and visibility into every aspect of the project with Asana.
There are three pricing plans on offer:
- Basic: $0
- Premium: $10.99
- Business: $24.99
Best For Custom Solutions.
Smartsheet is a tool for modern work management, as it offers a variety of features that can help you stay on top of your projects.
With the ability to automate processes that used to be manual, you can easily manage your work. You can also build custom solutions that are tailored to your specific needs.
With a rich set of views that allow you to see your work in the way that makes the most sense to you, you can easily stay on top of your projects. Various reports also help you track progress and identify issues early on.
This means that companies of all sizes can benefit from using Smartsheet, as it offers various tools and features that help manage work in the right way.
- Team collaboration features ensure that everyone is on the same page
- Workflow automation can help to optimize efficiency and productivity
- Content management tools make it easy to manage documents and files
- Process management at scale can help you manage complex projects no matter the size
- Secure request management ensures that all data is safe and secure
- Pro: $7user/month
- Business: $25user/month
- Enterprise: Contact their sales team for specific pricing
Best For Visual Interface.
Trello is a tool that can be used for project management, as well as for personal task management.
It is simple and easy to use, and it has various features that make it an excellent tool for managing work. With the board, lists, and cards, you can easily organize your work, refining it as you go.
The visual drag and drop interface makes it easy to move tasks around, and you can also add comments and attachments to tasks.
If you want to build a productive team that can manage their work effectively, then Trello is a great tool to consider. With various use cases such as project management, agile development, and more, Trello can help your team work more innovatively.
- Create rules, buttons, and automation to ensure your team is productive.
- Integrate your favorite apps to ensure all your work is in one place.
- Intelligent automation tips help you optimize your workflows.
- The easy drag and drop interface makes it easy to move tasks around.
With a free and paid plan, Trello has something for everyone.
The free plan is perfect for those who want to try the tool, and the paid plan is excellent for teams needing more features and integrations.
The paid plans are as follows:
- Standard: $5
- Premium: $10
- Enterprise: $17.50
Best For Creating Forms.
Jotform helps you build forms and surveys tailored to your specific needs.
Create professional-looking forms that are easy to fill out, and use the data you collect to improve your workflows, allowing you to manage your workload and get the most out of your team.
The data you gather can easily be integrated with other tools, making it easy to manage your work, so no matter your needs, Jotform has you covered.
If you want to transform your data into actionable insights, then Jotform is a class above the rest.
- Jotform Apps help you build custom forms and applications without any coding required.
- Jotform Approvals helps you streamline your approvals process with an easy-to-use interface.
- Jotform Tables help you organize and manage your data with ease.
- PDF Editor allows you to edit PDFs directly from Jotform.
- The Report Builder allows you to create custom reports from your Jotform data.
- Smart PDF Forms allows you to create fillable PDF forms that can be efficiently completed on any device.
These are the available plans on Jotform:
- Starter: Free
- Bronze: $24 /month
- Silver: $29 /month
Best For Task Management.
Tasklog is an excellent tool for an online freelancer that requires simple task management with time-tracking features. This tool is web-based so that it can be used anywhere, anytime.
The UI is designed to be simple and user-friendly, focusing on task management. With Tasklog, you can easily track the time you spend on tasks and the progress of your work.
With detailed reports showing your progress over time, you can easily see where you need to improve and ensure that you are always on track.
You can also use these reports to generate invoices for your clients.
- Time tracker features allow you to drill down and see where you’re spending the most time and how long each task takes.
- A to-do list helps you organize your tasks and prioritize them.
- The dashboard gives you an overview of your progress and what’s due.
- Insights allow you to see how you’re doing over time and where you can improve.
- A built-in Pomodoro timer is a great way to ensure you’re staying on task and not getting sidetracked.
With a flat fee of $9.90 per month for everything, you get access to all the features, and there are no hidden costs.
Best For Large Organizations.
Jira is one of the market’s most advanced project management tools and is used by some of the biggest companies in the world.
With its flexible workflow capabilities and powerful integrations, Jira is perfect for teams of all sizes.
The ability to stay aligned on the things that matter most while easily tracking progress makes Jira a must-have for any team.
Break the big ideas into smaller pieces and get things done with Jira, ensuring that work is always moving forward.
With various templates you can use to get started, you can easily customize Jira to fit your specific needs.
Jira also adapts as your team grows, making it easy to scale your project management process.
- Roadmaps ensure that you always know where your project is going and what the next steps are.
- Reports and insights give you visibility into your team’s performance and help you identify areas of improvement.
- Project flexibility allows you to adjust your process as your team grows and changes quickly.
- Drag and drop automation makes it easy to get your work done without worrying about the small details that hold you back.
Jira offers the following plans:
- Free: $0
- Standard: $7.50
- Premium: $14.50
- Enterprise: Contact the team at Jira for a custom quote.
10. ProProfs Project.
Best For Small Businesses.
ProProfs Project is an easy-to-use project management tool perfect for small businesses and teams.
With various ways to share feedback with your team, it’s easy to stay on the same page and ensure that everyone is as well.
From a single dashboard, you can see all of your projects and the progress of each one. You also get the live project reports, so you always know what’s going on.
The ability to easily share files and collaborate with your team makes ProProfs Project an excellent choice for small businesses.
- Be able to plan correctly and get a clear overview of your project plans and ensure you’re always on track.
- Set due dates, track progress & prioritize projects to stay organized, and ensure that your projects are always moving forward.
- Discussions & sharing features allow you to share files and ideas with your team quickly.
- Track time, clients & invoices to manage your time and invoicing process.
There are two easy-to-understand pricing points on offer:
- Essentials: $ 2 / user / month
- Premium: $ 4 / user / month
Best For Ease Of Use.
Easynote is a solution for teams that know that using Excel is not an option anymore and are looking for an easy-to-use, project management solution – without the complexity of other tools.
With their grid-based working structure, it’s easy to see what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
Eliminate document clutter and organize your team with Easynote, making workload management a breeze.
- Collaborate with others on documents in an organized way
- Track meeting minutes & organize what happens in each meeting
- Store all your project’s files in one single place for easy access
- Get an overview of your project’s progress with the ultimate dashboard.
Even as a company scales, the pricing stays at $99 / month, so you can concentrate on the work that matters without worrying about the bill.
What Are Workload Management Tools?
Workload management tools help you distribute and track work assignments to complete them efficiently and on time. By monitoring the progress of each task, you can identify areas where your team may be falling behind and make necessary adjustments to keep your project on track.
In addition to tracking individual tasks, workload management tools can also help you see the big picture that involves optimizing resources and ensuring that your projects are on schedule.
Various workload management tools are available, ranging from simple to-do lists to complex project management software. The best tool for you will depend on the specific needs of your team and project.
What Type Of Companies Can Benefit From Workload Management Tools?
Any company that relies on teams working together to complete tasks can benefit from a workload management tool. Some examples of companies that can benefit from using workload management tools include the following.
Web Design Agencies
Web design agencies need to track the work assignments of their team so that each project is completed on time and within budget. Using a workload management tool, they can ensure that their team is always aware of what needs to be done and that no deadlines are missed.
When designing websites, there are often many moving parts, and it can be challenging to keep track of everything. Workload management tools can help web design agencies by giving them a clear overview of the progress of each project and highlighting any areas where their team may be falling behind.
Communication companies need to be able to track the progress of each project so that they can identify areas where people are not on the same page. By using a workload management tool, they can make necessary adjustments to ensure everything keeps moving in the right direction.
Consider a company that offers rich communication services delivered to customers. To unlock new revenue streams, enhance the mobile messaging experience, and keep everything in balance, using workload management tools can be essential for this company to succeed.
This can come in the form of a simple to-do list that is used to track the progress of each task or more complex project management solutions that manage all the details – big and small.
Event Planning Companies
In the event planning industry, it is essential to be able to track the progress of each project so that you can identify and stay on top of the key areas.
Specific items that benefit workload management for event planners are project timelines, which help you see the big picture and ensure that your project is on schedule while still ensuring the smaller details are being taken care of. In addition, staying on top of the workload and ensuring your team’s mental health and well-being are both essential for success in this industry – the right workload management tool can accomplish this.
Growth platforms need to track the work assignments of their team so that each project is completed on time and within budget. Being growth-oriented, the focus on KPIs and metrics is paramount.
Consider an SMS Marketing growth platform, where the goal is to help businesses increase and automate their customer engagement.
To succeed, it is essential to use workload management tools to track various data points and progress. The ability to quickly access data and understand the results of each campaign is vital to making necessary adjustments to keep the project on track.
Consider an architectural firm that offers services such as 3D rendering, interior design, and construction planning. With demanding clients and tight deadlines, it is essential to use workload management tools to track the progress of each project. In addition, collaborative features can help ensure that all team members are on the same page and that no deadlines are missed, as this could mean serious consequences to the firms.
Companies Selling Specific Products And Services
Even in niche markets, where companies may only offer one or two products or services, it is still essential to track the project progress so that you can identify areas where your team needs help. By using a workload management tool, you can make necessary adjustments in real-time.
Consider a company that specializes in selling engagement rings. To provide a unique and memorable experience for each customer, it is essential to use workload management tools to track the progress of each project. Knowing what has been discussed with specific clients and the requirements that need to be met is key in this arena.
You might also consider a reverse phone lookup company. While the product may be simple (in that it’s only one type of product), the workload management process is still essential to success. This type of company needs to track sales, customer inquiries, and data on a daily basis. By using a workload management tool, they can identify any areas where the workload is not being managed effectively, and as a result, both customers and employees would not be happy.
Top Features Of Workload Management Tools
Finally, here are some of the top 7 features to look for in a workload management tool:
- Project timelines: This can help you see the big picture and ensure that your project is on schedule.
- To-do lists: This checklist type of feature can help you track the progress of each task.
- Collaborative features: This can help ensure that all team members are on the same page.
- Reporting: This can help you quickly access data and understand the results of each campaign so that you can make necessary adjustments.
- Customizable workflow: This can help you optimize your workflow to be best suited for your specific needs.
- Task dependencies: This can help you track each task’s progress and ensure tasks are finished in the right order.
- Notifications: This can help you stay on top of your workload and ensure that your team is always aware of what needs to be done.
With these features in mind, you should be able to find a workload management tool that will suit your specific needs.
Knowing which tools exist to manage your workload is the first step in taking back control of your time and resources. There is no perfect tool for everyone, so finding one that fits your specific needs is essential.
Workload management tools are a crucial part of any business. Finding the best one for your needs can save you time and money in the long run so it’s worthwhile investing time in finding the right one.