Are you looking for a task management software tool for your business?
You’ve come to the right place!
In this blog article, we’ll go over the 12 best task management software for small businesses and start-ups.
So let’s dive in!
But first, let’s discuss why your team would need a task management tool in the first place!
What’s a Task Management Tool?
A task management tool allows you to identify, plan, monitor, visualize, and analyze the workflow for your team.
This means everything from addressing the project requirements, delegating tasks, tracking time, and setting up deadlines.
Why Do You Need It?
- Prioritize tasks
Task prioritization and team collaboration are one of the key benefits of a task management tool.
Let’s say you’re working on an important deadline one day.
And your persistent colleagues keep assigning you more and more (unimportant) tasks.
Trying to complete all of your tasks in a limited time will just drive you crazy… eventually leading to burnout.
Not prioritizing your tasks leads to poor management, missed deadlines, and wasted time.
- Effective team collaboration
They bridge the communication gap between team members that are working on different tasks.
It also makes delegation of tasks so much easier! Your manager can simply track the workload by looking at who’s working on what. Assign the task, track progress, and know when the task is done. Saving so much of meeting time!
So, if you’ve just started your own business, a visual task management tool is the perfect solution for you!
Now let’s discuss the 12 best task management software for your small business!
Task Management Tools
Nifty is an amazing cloud-based task management OS for teams that want to create the tools they need to manage their sales process and create marketing campaigns to suit their needs.
Key features include:
- Assign, track and manage tasks
- Automates processes with a high level of personalization. Choose whatever color scheme you want.
- Seamlessly Integrates with other tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.
- Track time spent on projects and tasks
- Map and Calendar View
- Easy to export and import data to share with clients
Free trial, starting at $39/month for a team of 10
Asana is a cloud-based application designed for teams to collaborate better. It’s flexible enough to adapt to your needs.
With Asana you get:
- Unlimited tasks, projects, messages, activity logs
- Track tasks, team assignment, project roadmaps, and timelines
- Monitor team progress with milestones
- File and track bug reports and sprints.
Free to 10.99$/user per month.
ClickUp is a beautiful, high-rated productivity platform that’s designed to help you manage your tasks better.
- Set up recurring tasks and 52 customizable features for projects
- Board, Box, List, Calendar, Table, Timeline views
- Assign comments
- Control the activities of roles
- Set up targets and goals for team members to work towards
- Manage everything from one dashboard.
- 1000+ integrations with Slack, Gmail, Zoom, Outlook, Google Drive, etc.
Free to $5/user/month.
Reach new productivity heights with Trello, the ultimate productivity and task management platform based on a customizable Kanban interface.
- Add tasks with due dates and comments
- Task activities with alerts and notifications
- Organization of lists with priority and due dates
- Upload images & files with tasks
- Customization options for the dashboard
- Integration with several third-party apps
Free to $10/user per month
With Todoist, you can plan and prioritize your activities and projects quickly and easily so you always know what to work on next. Get a comprehensive picture of everything you’ve got going on and never miss a deadline.
- Quick add tasks with recurring deadlines
- Set priority levels to focus on what’s most important
- Keep a record of favorites at the top
- Delegate to conquer daily tasks
- Personalize your task views with Boards, Labels, Filters, and themes.
- Centralize tasks in one place with real-time notifications to stay updated
- Add tasks via email. Display via calendar feeds.
- Visualize your productivity with tangible progress.
- Integrations with Dropbox, Zapier, IFTTT, Google Calendar, Amazon Alexa.
- Mobile apps available
Free version available. Pro starting from $3/month.
Collaborate seamlessly with an easy-to-use task management platform designed for smarter workflows. Manage complicated projects with ease!
- Manage and optimize your team’s resources.
- Customizable templates to scale high-performance processes.
- Visualize project tasks and automate your workflow with Kanban boards.
- Get better insights with an in-built time tracker.
- Collaborative experience with clients; comprehensive user permissions
- Integrations with MS Teams, Hubspot, Slack, Xero, Dropbox, and SoftSync for Jira.
Free version available. Pro plan at $10/month per user.
Organize all of your projects, lists, and reminders in one app. Any.do syncs across all of your devices without a problem.
Keep track of how far you’ve come. Add smart reminders to make sure you don’t forget anything. Save time and accomplish big things with gorgeous themes and amazing features.
- To-do list
- Grocery list
- Daily planners
- Android and iOS mobile apps
Free to $2.99/month.
With Wrike, you can quickly share files, tasks, and reports with your team. It has visual proofing and automated approval tools to help you speed up the feedback process.
- Interactive Gantt Charts to visualize progress. (Drag and drop interface!)
- Kanban boards to plan tasks by the due dates.
- Beautiful templates to speed up projects
- Custom-request forms.
- Built-in time tracking
- Integrations with 400+ applications e.g. Asana, Dropbox, Facebook, G Suite, Mailchimp, etc.
Free to $9.80/user per month
With ProofHub, all of the tools and task management that your team requires are conveniently located in one location. It’s now easier than ever to have complete control over your teams and projects.
Teams can ensure on-time project completion and clear team accountability.
- Empower teams to visualize their workflow and progress with Kanban boards
- Visualize your project timeline with Gantt Charts
- View your data in Table View to keep note of what’s important
- Stay control of who gets to see what
- Customize workflow to meet team needs
From $45 per month.
Hitask is a task management platform that takes the guesswork out of project management by leaving you in charge.
It enables you and your project team to create new projects quickly and easily.
While it has no Gantt chart or Kanban board, you can assign share tasks to your team members. It also lets you collaborate on a centralized file library and calendar by synchronizing everything across all devices!
- Organize your projects, events, and tasks
- Analyze all of your team’s events in one centralized calendar.
- Track the time spent on projects
- Progress reporting
- Color tagging to categorize tasks
- Apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Support for Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese
Free to $5/user per month
Maintain a unified project roadmap to keep everyone on the same page. Get chores off your mind and into a database that works for your team.
- Make a weekly checklist for yourself and take notes.
- Create a task board using a drag-and-drop editor.
- Like an unlimited knowledge base, nest pages inside each other.
Free to $8 per month.
Scoro is a comprehensive end-to-end solution for teams to streamline their progress in one centralized platform. No more shuffling between the tools! Keep track of your tasks, projects, and time holistically with collaborative software.
- Real-time KPI Dashboard and Gantt chart to track progress
- Eliminate time-consuming repetition with project templates
- Get a full breakdown of all scheduled and completed events
- Shared schedules, timesheets, and a built-in time tracker
- Detailed project reporting
- Integrated with 100+ tools like Dropbox, Xero, QuickBooks Online, Zapier, MailChimp, etc.
From $26 per month for 5 users.
With the rapidly changing business needs, small businesses need to keep track of their workflows with a task management software tool. Spend time to analyze your business requirements, and evaluate these platforms accordingly!
We hope that with this list, you’ll be able to get a quick overview of the most popular tools in the industry. So, which task management software platform will you choose?